Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nail Palettes - Greens

My first green nail polish was Sally Hansen Glow. This was back when I wasn't all too experienced and knowledgeable in the world of nail polishes (still learning though), and I was blown away by the Sally Hansen Lacquer Nail Collection. The colors looked so gorgeous. However, the price tag for them was a bit steep I suppose; at $7-8 a bottle (versus China Glaze at $3-4 a bottle). I still love my Sally Hansen Lacquer polishes (I have Glow and Flair, but I wish I had Spark!)




(From left to right: Sally Hansen Glow, China Glaze Sour Apple, China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada, China Glaze Gussied Up Green, China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald, and China Glaze Paper Chasing)

Sally Hansen Glow: Glow is a very gorgeous green, with very strong gold undertones. It really does look like it's "glowing," even though it is not a neon.

China Glaze Sour Apple: Sour Apple is a jelly-like base with tons of glitter. The only negative I'd have to say about Sour Apple is that it really cannot be worn alone because the base is very sheer. I wore it over Sally Hansen Glow and it looked absolutely fabulous, almost like a green apple Jolly Rancher.

China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada: This is my very first neon! I wasn't sure quite what to expect, as I read that neons dry matte. I have yet to try this on my fingers/toes yet, but I think I would want to apply a top coat; otherwise, the finish feels a bit like a highlighter.

China Glaze Gussied Up Green: Gussied Up Green is a deep forest green, leaning on the brown side (as opposed to Emerald Fitzgerald). It has a gorgeous shimmer and applies very easily.

China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald: This is a gorgeous deep green, leaning on the blue side. It really does have a vintage green feel to it, as the collection name implies (Vintage Vixens).

China Glaze Paper Chasing: Paper Chasing is a bit sheer, but overall a very gorgeous bright green. I wish it looked a little brighter/deeper, like it looks in the bottle. It's a bit darker than Kiwi Cool-Ada, and with very pretty shimmer. I also purchased this because I loved the name!

Misa Dirty, Sexy, Money (not pictured)
: I didn't feel like taking another nail palette picture for the three new greens that I purchased. In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE greens and blues! Anyways, Dirty, Sexy, Money is a gorgeous "dirty" green creme. It's not very blue, although I've noticed that when people post swatches, it appears blue (when I just took a photograph, it looked blue in the photo too). I'd describe this as a very gorgeous "army" green.

Misa The Grass Was Greener On My Side (not pictured)
: This color is really pretty, a very bright green. It's a very true green, which I guess I'm trying to say that it's neither gold-toned or blue-toned. The polish dries matte, which I was not expecting. I think the color will look even more gorgeous with a top coat.


Misa Toxic Seduction (not pictured): Toxic Seduction is like the middle child between China Glaze Gussied Up Green and China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald. While Gussied Up Green has a brown-toned feel to it and Emerald Fitzgerald has a blue-toned feel to it, Toxic Seduction leans more towards Gussied Up Green, but with less brown. All three are very beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment