Sunday, July 18, 2010

Starry Sky

Today was my first time working with rhinestones - I had bought a small packet of 2 1/2 mm and 2 mm rhinestones from A.C. Moore the other week. It was a bit pricey from there, but I wasn't ready to order the 1000+ packs that are much cheaper online yet. I used two 2 mm and one 2 1/2 mm on each ring finger. I thought the 2 1/2 mm was a little too big for this particular manicure, but I could see a really cool completely blinged-out nail using that size. I really liked working with rhinestones so I may buy one of the bigger rhinestone wheels!





I used one coat of CND Stickey Base Coat, two coats of China Glaze Rodeo Fanatic, one coat of China Glaze Techno, then applied rhinestones to the ring finger nails only, two coats of China Glaze Wireless Holographic Top Coat, and finished with one coat Seche Vite.
(Indoors, without flash)


(Indoors, with flash)


(Outdoors, no flash)
The color and overall manicure looks amazing outdoors!

Check out my blog tomorrow for the blinged-out manicure I did on my friend S, who was visiting me!

5 comments:

  1. Looks fun! And your blog name is so cute hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - thanks! People have called me Alice in Wonderland my whole life, so I thought it only made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahh this is gorgeous!!! :D i would if i didn't play piano :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing technique! I'm really loving it :)
    soooo cool! How long did it take you in all to finish?

    ReplyDelete