Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Diet Tip: Lip Gloss

A new diet tip I discovered: LIP GLOSS. No, not for eating. I (try to) wear lip gloss every day now, so that I won't snack. I take off the lip gloss before meals, but that way it prevents me from eating snacks between meals because crumbs will get on the glossy surface. Sounds strange, but so effective! I don't wear lipstick because I find it drying/damaging to my lips and inconvenient to remove; I prefer lip balm and lip gloss instead.

Favorite glosses:


Burt's Bees Lip Gloss, Sweet Pink, .5-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 3)

Burt's Bees Lip Gloss in Sweet Pink: Burt's Bees always makes awesome products and this one is no exception. The gloss doesn't dry out my lips and it looks perfectly sparkly and shiny. It also smells fantastic (supposed to be pink grapefruit I suppose).

L'Oreal Colour Juice Sheer Juicy Lip Gloss, Raspberry Smash 310 .5 fl oz (15 ml)

L'Oréal Colour Juice Sheer Juicy Lip Gloss in Raspberry Smash: This is a really bright red lip gloss for me, so a little goes a long way. The gloss isn't sticky and smells very good. I usually use this one if my eye make-up/blush is more neutral.

Neutrogena Moisture Shine Lip Soother, SPF 20, Gleam 40, 0.35 Oz (10 g) (Pack of 2)

Neutrogena Moisture Shine Lip Soother SPF 20 in Gleam: Even though my lips aren't irritated or anything, the cool, mint-y feeling of this lip gloss was very good. It didn't feel like it was stinging, as it is not a lip plumper; I imagine this would be a good gloss to use if my lips were sunburned. The sheer gloss looks shiny and not too color concentrated for days when you want simple lips.


Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss, Fruity PInk 110 .12 oz (3.6 g)

Neutrogena Moisture Shine Gloss in Fruity Pink: This is a really adorable pink! There are little specks of gold in it. I love the smell of Neutrogena glosses because when I was younger (think middle school),  my mom bought Neutrogena lip glosses from Costco for my sister and I, so the smell reminds me of when I first started using lip glosses at all!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I use the L'Oréal too~ great, isn't it? ^.^ I gotta check those other ones out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also recommend Sephora glosses: when they're on sale, they're only 5 dollars! So affordable and great quality =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - I love all L'Oréal products!
    Amy - I'll have to check that out :) when do they go on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a rec!!! Smashbox in Candid (you can find it on ebay or in a makeupalley beauty swap, shouldn't cost you more than $5)
    It's something of a nude pink with gold shimmer (but nothing glittery or tacky) I think Smashbox also makes a matching blush/lipstick/other goodies in the same color.

    ReplyDelete