Friday, July 16, 2010

Betsey Johnson Challenge

This is my very first blogger challenge ever! I am doing the Fashion Inspiration Design Challenge from Polish Hoarder Disorder. I decided to go with the Evening Satin Ombre Dress w/ Flower. Here is my dress that inspired my design:


Here is my nail design:

With flash was blurry, but I wanted to show the glitter a little better.



I first applied one coat of CND Stickey Base Coat, followed by two coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky. I followed that with a freehand diagonal strip of gold (I used a gold polish I bought from Korea last year), then I dotted the pink flower on with China Glaze Sugar High. I don't own very many pinks so the flowers are a bit darker than the Betsey Johnson flower - although the flowers are lighter than in these pictures too. After that, I dabbed a little bit of white polish in the center of each, followed by a tiny dab of China Glaze Sour Apple, and dots from LA Colors black striper. Finished it all up with one coat of Seche Vite.

Check out all the other pretty entries at Polish Hoarder Disorder's blog: http://polishhoarderdisorder.blogspot.com/2010/07/challenge-gallery-fashion-inspiration.html

6 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I love your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog, I saw your entry posted over at PHD. I love the name of your blog!! And you did great with this challenge [:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tierney! I just checked out your blog as well and it's so pretty :) also love your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these nails! Good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty nail art design! :)

    ReplyDelete