Sunday, November 21, 2010

So Fly

Hey everyone! So I know a lot of you have been asking about my light box. I don't want to disappoint, but... my light box looks totally ghetto! As many of you know, I am currently in college and don't have many resources to scrape together a light box. I used what I had around my apartment and it works beautifully for me! I will be posting the tutorial in my next entry (I started off doing this as nails and light box, but the post was just too long).

First... my "So Fly" manicure! This is THE manicure that inspired me to start doing my nails. I had gotten my nails done in Taiwan in a similar color and design. I loved the edgy look, and it started me on my love for nail polish, particularly dark and interesting shades. It was also the first (and only) time that I got acrylic nails done - I just don't like the feeling!

Here is the original nail design:



(with my cousin's nails in pink!)

Now in with the new... Chelsea Kaleidoscope! The color is a gorgeous purple/green/gray duochrome.



And now with my version of the feather-y design. I admit, I am TERRIBLE at doing feathers!



Don't you just love duochromes? I think duochromes are my favorite "kind" of nail polish - it's just so much fun turning your hand and seeing the colors change!

Stay tuned in my next post for the light box! I did take photos of it, I'll post it as soon as I can!

18 comments:

  1. Your nails look so nice! What a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very very very beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I love it! I love the nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice mani !!
    i have a giveaway come on see if you want !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is one gorgeous colour! Love it! Duochromes are also one of my favourite finishes too - I love how they shift colour in the light :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic colour!

    HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy...I love your blog!I'd like you visit my blog and if you want, follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss ^^

    ReplyDelete